Saturday 26 November 2016

Final TA Research Conclusions




To conduct my final part of my target audience research I sent a message to friends and family who agreed to help me with TA research and attached was the questions I asked them and the link to my music video so they could watch it. After the people I asked these questions to responded I screens hotted their responses to evaluate them.
Question 1 - Did the performance shots enable you to identify the star image?

All the TA group I asked agreed that the shots I used easily established who the star image of my music video was. I believe I achieved this by ensuring almost all the shots were of my star image and at the beginning of the video I included close ups of her singing into camera which is very conventional when launching a new star image.


Question 2 - Were there enough close ups of the main star image?

I believe I included plenty of close ups of my star image and my target audience appeared to agree with this. It was important that the audience got to know the star image as she is a new star and establishing her as an artist is very important.

Question 3 - Did you understand the narrative?

My target audience group all understood the narrative of my music video, I achieved this by creating a story which fitted well with the lyrics and the final results meant that my star image had a clear story which an audience could easily identify.


Question 4 - What did you think about the star image representations?

Most my target audience understood the representations of lonely girl falling in love I tried to create with my star image very well. This shows I used signs and signifiers effectively to create representations as my audience could understand the story behind the star image.


Question 5 - Was the editing clear to see? e.g cuts and transitions

My target audience seemed to believe I included cuts effectively to show the narrative and performance aspects of the video. However some also believed I could have made better use of transitions, this tells me in future I should use more obvious transitions as long as they still look effective.

Question 6 - Did you like any of the locations or costumes?

The most popular location used in my music video was the countryside locations however a minority of people also liked the shots in the bedroom containing the 4 poster lace bed. The costumes my star image wore were equally popular, this shows I established well what the preferences of my target audience would be and managed to meet these.



Question 7 - Would this music video interest you in any of her other music?

All of my target audience group would be interested in seeing more music from my star image. This shows I have well targeted my audience as they enjoyed this music video.




No comments:

Post a Comment